Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I thought you weren't supposed to work on Labor Day Weekend???

So this weekend, we had a church wide campout at the KOA-Lookout Mountain. Granted, I did volunteer to plan this trip with my dear friend Brandi, but I don't think we quite knew what we were getting ourselves into.

Sunday morning we cooked:
6 dozens eggs
20 lbs. of potatoes
10 lbs. bacon
1 lbs. turkey bacon
168 biscuits
And however much gravy it takes to cover those 168 biscuits!!

We had 6 gallons of milk, 48 bottles of apple juice, 48 bottles of orange juice, and coffee continuously flowing from the pot.

We actually cooked all this in about 1 hours time too!

I promise to share pictures tomorrow...I am just very tired right now from getting back from camping and working all day on yard sale stuff---by the way, Mom and I are having a yard sale this weekend! Whew!!!!!!!!!! Does it ever end??????????????

2 comments:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

168 biscuits! I could totally eat at least 165 of them. :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW! thats alot of work! I bet you are tired!! hope you had a great time!