Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can I Just Say DEEEELISHHHH!!!!!!!!!


I promised some new apple recipes! Well, I made apple butter in my crockpot on Tuesday. First of all let me say it smelled sooooo wonderful. The weather is a little bit cooler here this week and it feels more like fall and then to have the wonderful smell of apples and cinnamon! Oh my!!

9-10 apples (I used Gala)

Sugar

Cinnamon

Ground Cloves

Peel and chop apples. Add spices and stir. Cook for 1 hour on high, then turn down to low and cook another 9 hours. Remove lid from crockpot and cook one more hour or until nice dark brown. When done, use whisk to achieve desired consistency.

This recipe made 4 1/2-pint jars (although only 3 are shown in the picture).

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! thanks for the recipe Kelly! I think we are gearing up to go pick this weekend, so I am trying this recipe, along with apple sauce & apple pie filling!YUMMY!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I've been wanting apple butter!!

Steph

Maren said...

I need to make this!!

oh and by the way... I TAGGED you!

http://livingasamckim.wordpress.com/