Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And we're off.........

no, not to see the wizard, but to start the "Year of School Projects". Yes, 4th grade is the year of many, many, many, did I say many? School Projects! I hated them when I was in school and I hate them now that my kids are in school. Hate is a very strong word I know....so maybe I should say I really, really, really dislike them. Are you getting my point?? You see they make them do these projects that they pretty much HAVE to have a parents help on. So then you have some kids whose parents WON'T or can't help them (and you can definitely tell by looking at them) and then you have the parents who DO the project for their kids (and you can DEFINITELY tell by looking at them!!) I want to find a happy medium in there someplace, but it is really hard. This particular project was on the Animal and Plant Cell. It is one that they could do on their own, but it is required to be 3-D, so maybe they would have to have a little bit of help with that one, but anyway, with Conner we had to choose one or the other Animal or Plant, but Mari Cate had to both---yee-ha!! (Hear the excitement in my voice??) With Conner's we did a stryofoam recreation of the Plant Cell....that stuff is messy, so I vowed not to do that again...oh and did I mention, many of the children in Mari Cate's grade, had brothers or sisters in Conner's grade and I have a sneaky suspicion that there were some projects at school this morning from days past!! Well, I thought I would try to do something to make it a little more fun/interesting for both Mari Cate and myself! So I (I will be honest) made two sugar cookies, a round one and a rectangle one, and I helped direct her decorating it. I thought they turned out beautiful and that she did a wonderful job!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Now that is a fun (and yummy!) project! Great job!
~Kelli