My oh my do I need to get caught up!!
I have so many things to write about and still not enough time! Hayden is down for a nap, so I will try to catch up on a few.
The kids went back to school on Tuesday. Both were ready to go back I think. We enjoy school. We (all of us) do better on the routine of school I think. Conner is in 7th grade this year. Last year in Band (he plays the trumpet) they named students for the Advanced Band (the others would go to Intermediate Band. Conner didn't make the cut for the Advanced Band (there were like 20 trumpet players so we weren't counting on it really). Well during the summer they offer Summer Band and apparantly he and one of his friends were the only Itermediate Band trumpet players to make the effort to attend. Well, that effort paid off. They were moved to Advanced Band!! Yay!! However, that is going to mean he needs to kick it in gear practicing to make sure he can get to that level of playing! His teacher offers FREE lessons after school, so I am sure we are going to try to take advantage of that! Mari Cate is in 4th grade this year. She loves her new teacher and is excited about this year. In 4th grade they begin to "grow them up" a little bit to begin to prepare them for middle school (although nothing except actually going to middle school can prepare you for it!!).
Here is a picture of them their first day. They are growing up so much!!
Conner and Mari Cate are going to be in a wedding in December. Conner is going to be junior groomsmen and Mari Cate will be the flower girl. We went to try on the dresses Sunday, and I just had to share how pretty my girl looked! The dress had red trim, but the one we will be getting will have a "pool blue" color trim for the Winter Wonderland theme the bride is going with. Please ignore the silly face she made!!
And this is not a good scanned picture, but it shows the color and what the back of the dress looks like. Obviously we will be doing her hair up to show off the pretty back on it! The blue color looks so pretty against her skin!
I will post some pics of Conner with his tux when we get some and of course will have lots from the wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment