Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blueberries and Beach Balls

What a combination, huh??

I went to the store the other day and they had blueberries Buy1/Get 1, so I bought two pints of them. There is a "blueberry picking" place (that's the correct term, right? hah) not far from our house and we took Conner there on his birthday and picked blueberries when he was 2 years old and it was so fun, but for some reason we haven't been back?? Weird. Anyway, I just found out that Frank's aunt (who lives behind us) has blueberry bushes also, so I think I will just have to walk through the trail and get me some! We love blueberries, but I need some more recipes---anyone want to share some of your favorites? Leave me a message!! Please!!

Anyway, my family loves muffins, so I made some homemade blueberry muffins. Not everything was homemade (I did use Bisquick), but oh they were sooooo good!! I will share the easy recipe later.
Then for VBS last night we had Rice Krispy Beach Balls. They turned out really cute and were a big hit. Wanted to share a picture of them, since I have shared all the other snacks I have done for VBS. Will post the recipe later on this one too. A little boy I know just fell asleep and I think I better take this chance to get a shower!! :)

No comments: