Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beach Bear Cupcakes

We are having Vacation Bible School at our church right now. We are a smaller church and last year decided that just incorporating the VBS curriculum for Wednesday nights throughout the summer would work better for us than to do the usual every day or night schedule. It worked great last year and is going great again this year too! We use Lifeway's Outrigger Island curriculum and were blessed to receive all the materials and decorations from our former church Westwood Baptist. This is such a blessing when you are working on a very limited budget!


So anyway, when we were at Westwood, I was always in charge of the snacks for the Preschool Children, and I did not like to do the normal cookies and juice snacks! :) I thought "why should the older kids get cool snacks and the younger ones not?" So I always tried to do some really neat/cute snacks for them. So my job of "snack maker" just carried over when we started VBS last year at Straightway. I try to theme my snacks around the theme of the curriculum, so this year we had fruit cocktail the first week, "Sand" (I will share pics and recipe later), and Beach Bear cupcakes so far. The Beach Bear cupcakes turned out so cute I wanted to share the pics and recipe with you.

Regular white cake mix and prepared as directed.

Canned whipped icing

Crushed graham crackers for the "sand"

Teddy grahams with a gummy lifesaver around the waist

Paper drink umbrella

No comments: