Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Little Late---but a Mother's Day Thank You

I took the time to recognize my mother in the previous post, but now I want to take a moment to recognize two other young women.

Two young women who were selfless enough to allow me to raise their children and be their mother for the rest of their lives. I don't know where either of these two young women are, but I am thankful for them. I thank God that they had the courage to carry their child and courage to give that child up. I pray that we are able to bring them both up in a way that would make them proud. I thank both of them for fulfilling my dream and desire to be a mother.

I thank God for also filling my desire to bear my own child. I don't love Conner or Mari Cate any less than I did before I had Hayden, however I now fully understand what a sacrifice their birthmothers made, one I am not so sure I could have ever made had I been put in their situations. But I thank them. I pray that during Mother's Day, they are not sad, but rather feel a peace about the decision they made and know that they gave a the most special gift to another Mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite a sacrifice and big decision they made, and I agree. It is one I don't know that I could make. Your children are blessed to have you as a mother! :) Happy Mother's Day a little late! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that brought me to tears. You are such an amazing mother, wife, and person, Kelly!!