It seems I'm always
catching up on here lately!! The end of school and planning for our Disney trip (which is in 1 1/2 weeks) has me running a little ragged it seems!
So without further ado, here goes the latest at the Hamilton Household:
Mari Cate had Awards Day at school. She received the Library Award, the Reading Award, and the English Award (our little math whiz, gets an English Award??? Weird!) Here she is with her awards. Conner had his Spring Concert in Band. It was amazing to see how much they had progessed since the Christmas Concert. At the Christmas Concert it was more like listening to them play the "scales" only. Now they are playing actual songs and playing them very well, if I do say so myself!! I have a video of the concert and may try to upload just a little of it if I can. (I have a terrible time uploading videos no matter what hosting service I choose---anyone care to give me some hints in this area???)
And this past Thursday, Mari Cate's school had "Musicians Among Us" day. This is where ANY student and/or parent can showcase their musical talent. Some are really good, some are not so good, but I have to give them credit for even getting up there, cause I am not so sure that I would!! :) So anyway, the Black Fox Singers that are going to Disney performed the songs that they will be singing down there. They sound sooooo good!!
And last but not least...I have to share my wonderful Yard Sale find!! Normally, I would not have considered buying a car seat from a yard sale. But this time was different. We checked the car seat out very well. Frank looked up to see if there were any recalls on it. It had only been used in the husbands car (which means very rarely). I got this wonderful Britax Marathon Carseat with the UT cover (Go Vols!!) for only $50!! These are selling used for $250+ on Amazon!! I am sure that we will wait until Hayden can sit forward-facing in it before moving him to it, but just in case he grows out of the infant seat, we have the next one ready to go! Yippee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment