Good Morning 2008!
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve and Day! Normally on New Years Eve, Frank and I have our next door neighbors and their 3 boys and Franks sister with her family over and just hang out and play games and such. Well, this year, I wasn't sure I would be up to it, so we decided to cancel it. We prefer not to go out just because of the dangers surrounding the night, so instead we went to eat at our favorite Japanese Restaurant Kanpai of Tokyo, with Frank's parents, his sister and her family, and a dear family friend of ours and her daughter. We had reservations at 5:00, so that got us back home at a decent hour. The food as always was WONDERFUL!! After we got home, all four of us piled up in mine and Frank's bed and watched some TV, then of course watched the "ball drop". Pregnant woman here was already dozing before that though and woke up just in time to ring in the new year!!





New Years Day was beautiful here, but extremely windy and cold. Nevertheless, we headed to the mountains...are we crazy or what?? We new that there were some good campgrounds around the Elijay, GA area, so we thought we would go check them out. Most of the pictures we took were in the Fort Mountain State Park area and Crater Lake area. As you can see the lake is way down because of the drought that Georgia has had this past year. We haven't been camping since I found out I was pregnant, but can't wait to get the camper out and about again in the Spring!! So anyway, I wanted to share some pictures from our day trip yesterday. Hope you enjoy!
***Quick Baby Update, Too***I had an appt. on New Years Eve and thought it was just going to be a quick see the doctor, tell him I am doing fine, etc. kind of appt., but after I got in my room, they brought in this machine, and I thought "what in the world??" I shouldn't have been scared, but obviously, I have never been through any of this, so.... Anyway, it was just a monitor to do a NST (Non-Stress Test) on Baby H. It measured his heart rate for 20 minutes. Everything was fine, my doctor said he seemed to be a very happy baby in there (let's just hope he doesn't get too happy and decided to stay too long in there!!) I was also told that from this point on I will go in to the doctor twice a week!! Once will be to see the dr. and do a NST, and the next appt will be to have an ultrasound and NST. Being diabetic (type 2, not gestational), my doctor really really takes extra special care of me (thank you Dr. Wolf!). He wants to make sure the amniotic fluid stays like it should and most of all, that the baby doesn't gain weight too fast and get too big because of my diabetes. Fortunatly, I was instructed on this early on and have been able to keep my blood sugars under good control throughout the pregnancy, so he doesn't feel that their will be any problem. I will try to keep you informed on how these appts go each week. Thanks for continued prayers!
Now for some pictures!!





2 comments:
Happy New Year, Kel! Your family picture in this post is just gorgeous! I'm so glad that everything continues to go swimmingly with sweet Baby H - soooo soon now! I'm so excited for you guys! :o)
Happy 2008!
looks like you had the perfect new years day!! I love these pictures!
Post a Comment