Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's Coming Out....

Not the baby....but my cerclage stitch!! My doctor had said he would take it out during my 37th week (which is next week), but when I went in on Monday, he said since I am having some contractions he wants to go ahead and take it out. So on Thursday, it will be gone. Now for a lot of people that have a cerclage done, taking out the stitch can mean labor soon follows, but we will just have to wait and see for me. You see, my doctor seems to think my stitch is not really serving any purpose...he calls me his mystery patient. However, I know it isn't a mystery....this was all in God's timing and He is the one who has held Hayden inside of my until the right time. Now don't get me wrong, having the stitch placed did give me a bit of comfort, but ultimately I knew Who was in control!! So pray for me as I go in on Thursday. It will be removed in the office and Frank can be there with me, but there may be a bit of discomfort he said. My dr. will also check to see if I am dilated at all.

We (or rather I, since Frank is out of town part of this week) completed our last Child Birth class last night. I really enjoyed the classes and learned alot. I would recommend them to anyone! Some things we knew because we have had infants before, but anything to do with the actual birth, was new to us. And it never hurts to have a refresher on taking care of babies (especially when it has been 8 YEARS!!! : )

Oh yeah, a quick picture from last week too...

I'll keep you posted...................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting Kelly!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!! That is so exciting!!