Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mari Cate got her wish!



At Mari Cate's school this past week, they had their Accelerated Reader kickoff. Each year across the county they have a "theme" for the A/R program and this year it is biomes. Kind of weird theme I thought, but whatever....So then within each school they have a theme within the theme for each grade (and then even each class--whew!!). So the 3rd grade is "The Wild" (although I am not real sure this is a true classification???). Anyway, Mari Cate's class is "The Cheetah's" and her teacher was only going to pick 5 children to wear the cheetah masks that she was making and the rest of the children would wear safari like hats. Well, she got her wish, she was a cheetah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a neat program!! I am so glad the Mari Cate got to be a cheetah!