Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Sleeping and snoring in his favorite chair....that is what my hubby is doing on his special day! And I am sure that is exactly how he wants it!

We went to church this morning. James taught on the Lord's Supper and then we took communion in a little bit different way than we ever had. We set tables up for families to sit at and had all the elements at each table. It was a very intimate setting and everyone really enjoyed it I think. Mari Cate was thrilled because this was the first time she got to participate in the Lord's Supper.
Afterward we went to a Chinese Buffet for lunch with my parents. It was nice for them to come to church with us and to get to spend part of Father's Day with them too.

To all the Father's out there....I hope you have a wonderful relaxing day with your family!

3 comments:

Maren said...

Kelly you have a BEAUTIFUL family! I love the picture on the beach. That is so adorable. I am glad you had a great fathers day with your parents and husband.

Anonymous said...

Kelly! I LOVE your new family picture! it sounds like you had a very wonderful Fathers Day!

Anonymous said...

What a neat way to do communion!