Friday, September 11, 2009

Do You Remember Where You Were?



I was at a Women's Bible Study on the morning of 9/11/01. It started at 9:00 est, so we had really just gotten started and someone came in to tell our teacher what was happening. Immediately we went into prayer and then they were broadcasting it over the big screens in the sanctuary, so we went in to see what was going on. Mari Cate was just 2 years old, so she was in the nursery and Conner was at 1/2 day Kindergarten. I can remember all I was thinking was I want to get my babies with me and make sure that they are safe. However, I did go home and let Conner stay at school with much hesistancy. I remember it was a gorgeous day with a bright blue sky as I drove to pick him up at noon and felt so much better to have him with me. I also remember looking in the skies and wondering if I would see any military planes flying over, which we did sometimes during the next few days. It was an eerie feeling. Frank was still working for the police department then, so he was pretty much on standby 24 hours/day over the next few days. I couldn't wait for him to get home either though. Funny how you can remember vivid details about some events that happen in your life and nothing about others. Do you remember where you were or what you were doing?

Remember to say a prayer for those families that lost loved ones during the tragedy and remember to thank God for the men and women who risked their lives to help the others.

(Originally posted 9/11/08)

No comments: