Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A sneak peek at Parris Island

Well, Conner and Frank left Monday morning at 7:00 for The Marine Base at Parris Island, SC with 14 other Young Marines and 2 other chaperones for a week of boot camp. Conner was so pumped Monday morning and this is one of the few trips that I have ever seen Frank get excited about too!

They had told them they would not be allowed any cell phone usage, but Frank is able to call me at his desire pretty much and Conner is allowed to call me in the evening after their day is over. Conner is having a blast and so far has gotten to rappell a rock wall (did I spell that right?), tour the gas chamber, and experience the Marines "yelling" at them! ; ) Frank sent me a couple of pictures with his phone, so I thought I would share those.

Conner is in the 4th row, the one on this end...if that makes sense!

No comments: