Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Different Kind of Thanksgiving

Well, our Thanksgiving was a little different this year. Mom was sick today so she and Daddy didn't get to join us for the meal. Actually we were supposed to eat at their house, so we had to shift gears this morning. Mom had cooked the "big stuff" (the turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, and the yummiest coconut cake you've ever tasted!), so we went and picked up all the food and brought it to Frank's mothers and had to eat without them. I felt so bad that they didn't get to join us, but I guess better safe than sorry. But I do want to thank them for preparing all the yummy food for us to enjoy.

And Conner wasn't with us today either, at least not until later. We had a group from church that went and served at the Salvation Army's Soup Kitchen for Unity in the Community, and he decided he wanted to go with them. I was very proud of him for giving up some of his day to help someone else out. It was definitely something he had never experienced before and I am proud of him.

No comments: